21 June 2006

Pinchbeck

Looking up the word "pinchbeck" in a dictionary, you'll be met with the definition, "cheap, artificial, sham, counterfeit or imitation," in honour of the inventor of a copper alloy that resembles gold, Christopher Pinchbeck. Not really at all the same as Daniel Pinchbeck, author of Breaking Open The Head and 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl.


The former is right now on loan to Mr Gunner; the latter, I'm now most of the way through. If the first book (about contemporary and archaic shamanism) wasn't intriguing enough, a central theme to the second one is my birthday, or more specifically my upcoming 31st birthday.

It's honestly and chaotically written, and I sought out Mr Pinchbeck's website (www.breakingopenthehead.com) to tell him so. He responded within the hour, so cheers to that.

On a similar note I think I should start cataloguing my recent dreams / walking meditations. Something worth remembering and pondering some more, in regards to our certain insectlike nature and choosing the time for my impending death.

Sounds kinda morbid like that. All the more reason to flesh it out. More to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »